Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dark Millennium online will be playable at E3 2012


Recently in a interview with Eurogamer Danny Bilson of THQ confirmed that the long-awaited, Warhammer 40,000 MMO, Dark Millenium Online, will be playable at E3, 2012. All of THQ is being very tight lipped about the MMO, but they are saying it will be different than any other MMO on the market.

We have the new build. I was playing because the Games Workshop guys are in town. We took them through a little tour through a zone and some of the instances. It looks fabulous. I like it. I can’t speak to it now, or people will kill me. But, I’ll tell you what, it plays differently.


it is important to remember that if Bilson is stating they will have a playable version by E3 2012, we are probably looking at a fall 2012 release for the final game with possible Betas over the summer.

THQ has had development issue's with this game, last year even being rumored to have been sent back to early develpoment because they feared it wouldn't be able to compete with World of Warcraft. Or Star Wars The Old Republic. This attempt at making themselves different could turn around and bite them if they alienate the MMO comunity. One thing that Bilson did promise that I liked is you wont see a bunch of naked space marines dancing around in town. That they will be respected as the carefully crafted super soldiers they are. but nothing stating how they will do that. Personally I am looking forward to seeing how THQ can do with this title and I wish them luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment