Thursday, December 8, 2011

*Breaking News* Shigeru Miyamoto Retiring as head of game design at Nintendo


According to a recent Interview in Wired magazine, Shigeru Miyamoto creator of Super Mario brothers and Zelda is retiring from his position as head of Nintendo’s game design department. He is going to a smaller department to work on personal projects within the company.
According to wired magazine Miyamoto has been joking about retiring around the office for quite some time now. Miyamoto also said he isn’t retiring completely, just taking a leave from supervising large time consuming games like Legend of Zelda Skyward sword to work on smaller projects that won’t take as much time. Miyamoto is quoted saying “what I really want is to be in the forefront of game development once again myself. Probably working on a smaller project with younger developers, or I might be interested in making something I can make myself, something really small.”
The reason for Miyamoto’s retirement is completely selfless according to him. He wants to send a message to the younger developers that he won’t always be around to rely on. I for one wonder why retirement has been decided right now. Nintendo has lost so much money this year, is it possible the face of Nintendo is moving on to bigger and better things some were else? I for one can’t wait to see what this genius of video game making is going to create.
Mr. Miyamoto, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and thank you for being such a important part of my gaming life for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment